As I’ve entered my 20’s, something I have realized is you are never too young to start taking care of your skin and preventing aging. I’ll admit that in my teen years, I was not the best at this. I think in your teens you kind of feel invincible and that you still have SO much life to live and time to pass before having to worry about things like wrinkles, and while you are young and do have time…it also goes fast and why not start sooner so that your future self will thank you?
Here are my top anti aging habits to start doing at ANY AGE!
- Wear sunscreen! How I wish that I started doing this earlier. This is supposed to be the NUMBER ONE habit to create in order to prevent things such as wrinkles, sun spots, etc.
- Drink lots of water! This not only helps prevent aging but has so many different positive benefits for your life and health!
- Eat well, exercise, and get a good nights rest! You’d be surprised how much these things affect anti aging and your skin!!
- Use moisturizer! Hydrating your skin is so important. Moisturizing, (especially after washing your face), helps keep in the water and keeps your skin hydrated. Your skin drys with age so keeping it moisturized is key!
- Begin using products with retinol. This is something you can start more at ages 25-35 or you may be using it younger since it also fights acne! Retinol and Retin-A are both great anti-aging products!
- Invest in some good at home skincare. From products to tools, these make up your daily routine and are things you put on your skin every single day. A tool I’ve been using for a year now (in November will be a year!) is my PMD or Personal Microderm. I’ll get into the deets below!
Now time to rave all about my PMD!! For my birthday last year, ALL I asked Al for was a personal microderm. A bunch of women in my family use them weekly and I truly felt like I was the only one who didn’t have one!! At the time, I was getting monthly microdermabrasions done by my esthetician already, but they do start to add up cost wise and now are more of a ‘treat’ for me to once or twice a year go in and get them done since now I can do them myself at home! For those of you who don’t know what a ‘microderm’ is a procedure that exfoliates and removes the outermost dry and dead layers of your skin. It aids in clogged pores, fine lines, and uneven pigmentation. After doing my treatment, I will ALWAYS follow up with either a mask, or a really really good moisturizer! Because you just removed layers of your skin, this is the best time ever for product absorption! I started off my using mine once every two weeks, but now aim to use it every Sunday! When I am on my A-game and using it consistently, I notice such a difference in my skin. Especially on those no makeup days when I’m rocking my bare face all day! My biggest skin struggle is definitely acne and enlarged pores. This is something I’ve struggled with since high school and is also the biggest thing I notice when doing my weekly microderm. My pores significantly shrink, and because of the amazing product absorption, my acne products lather right in and WORK.
I would recommend a PMD again and again! I even bought my mom one for Christmas last year 🙂 If you guys have anymore questions about the device itself or usage, comment below or shoot me an email! I’d be happy to answer! If you are interested in purchasing your own, PMD gave me a discount code to give you guys for 15% off through pmdbeauty.com!! Just enter code ‘karlierae15’ at checkout 🙂
I am headed off tomorrow morning for a little girl’s trip to my parent’s new house in AZ! They just bought over the summer and I still haven’t made the trip yet so I can’t wait to see their home away from home and little slice of paradise! Follow along on our fun weekend on Instagram!